When it comes to makeup I do not claim to be an expert! I love trying new products, but I find that I consistently reach for my tried-and-true products. When I worked in an office for my 9 to 5 I used to put makeup on-every. single. day. It was exhausting to spend an hour getting ready ever day (props to all you ladies that do)! Now that I work from home (and my only stops most days include the gym and drive-thru coffee), I no longer wear full makeup, if any, on a daily basis. It makes wearing makeup more fun since I’m not doing it 7 days a week and I can afford to invest in products I love. I’ve included my favorite products in this post as well as a few extra wish-list items. Girl’s always gotta have a wish list, amiright?
Note: this exact collage can be found at the end of this post with shoppable links.
I mention wish list items because Sephora is having their VIB sale this week, which means 10% off for ALL Beauty Club Insider members, and 15% off for VIB an Rouge members. Sign up here to take advantage of the sale! This is the time to scoop up any products you’ve been wanting to try! I always take advantage of these type of sales to not only try new products, but also grab a back up of my favorite products. Just want to note that not all of my favorite products are found at Sephora!
- Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette: the colors are so rich and creamy! I have tried layering tons of color combos and the blended result always turns out amazing.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer: the first concealer I ever purchased and never looked back-been wearing this it since I was 16. I don’t think I’ll ever switch!
- Florence-TOCCA perfume: This is the only perfume in my life I’ve tried a sample and loved it so much I went back and bought the bottle. I don’t usually go for floral-based scents but this perfume is just perfection!
- Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment: my face inhales this stuff! Leaves skin soft and glowing.
- Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen: this is the ONLY sunscreen I can use on my face without burning. I don’t wear it every day, but in the summer or in the sun, it’s a must for my fair skin.
- Two Faced Better than Sex Mascara: I’m sure you’ve heard of the magic of this mascara. It doesn’t disappoint! Thick but not chunky, lengthening, but not spidery. My makeup terms are very technical?!
- Sigma Brush Cleaning Mat: Bottom line: I was grossed out about the state of my makeup brushes. I invested in this mat as well as the brushapoo. I actually like cleaning my brushes-it’s so easy and satisfying.
- Wishlist item: Transluscent Loose Setting Powder: This powder by Laura Mercier is called a cult-favorite. Count me in.
- Wishlist item: Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask: I love the idea of my skin soaking in the moisture from a mask overnight (can also be used as a 10 minute mask). Watermelon makes me think of summer so clearly I’m intrigued!
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Light: another product I’ve been using religiously since 16. Gives an even, smooth finish and stays on all day.
- Wish list item: Protini Polypeptide Cream: This protein moisturizer helps improve dryness (number one need), tone, and texture. Yes please to all!
- Sigma brushes: Around said time I got the cleaning mat, I also got brand new brushes! If you’re committed to a new brush set-this 12 piece set on Amazon would be a great starting point! The four I own:
- Wish list item: Olehenriksen Banana Bright Eye Cream: Vitamin C cream that improves appearance of under eye circles as well as firms and smooths.
- Laura Geller Spackle Under Makeup Primer: this is my favorite primer because it’s so lightweight and doesn’t leave my face feeling or looking shiny.
- Wish list item: Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette: The colors in this palette are so rich and summer-y. I am craving anything that feels and looks like summer and this is it in a palette.
- Smashbox #Shapematters Palette: I love everything in this palette-the brow powder is my favorite.
- L’Oreal Voluminous Primer Mascara: I can’t take credit for discovering this (credit goes to one of my favorite bloggers Emily of The Sweetest Thing), but this primer is amazing! A swipe or two before mascara and gives lashes amazing length and volume.
- The original beauty blender: No explanation necessary.
- Estee Lauder Multi-Action Creme Cleanser: The scent and texture of this cream is so refreshing before bed. It actually gets off ALL the makeup!
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair: smoothing and soothing. When I wake up my skin just looks brighter.
- NYX Cosmetics Butter Gloss: Also can’t take cred for this- my friend Haley who writes Art Fashion Fun introduced me to these-let’s just say I’m addicted. And you can’t beat the $4.99 price point.
- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge: I take a few taps on my finger for each cheek, then rub in to get a nice glow. I’m currently using the Rose color, but I am going to get the Fresh Melon color for summer!
- Smashbox Always Sharp Lip Liner: I use a light pink color -barely visible but helps keep lip color in place. My color is not available at Sephora but can be found here.
- Wish list item: Kat Von D Tatoo Liner: I love the look of liquid eyeliner but I never use it. This is on my list to try!
What is your favorite makeup product? I’m always looking for new recommendations!
Shop This Post: