There’s nothing that makes me happier than waking up on a summer weekend morning and having the whole sunny, beautiful day ahead of me. Next steps: throw on a cute dress, grab and XL iced coffee, and run some errands (i.e. go find the samples at Trader Joe’s) with the intentions of spending the afternoon at the beach. When it feels like summer, I want to dress like summer which is why I love wearing flowy, carefree, throw-on-and-go, dresses. Bonus points if the dresses are floral print-because what says summer more than some fun, bright florals? I’ve rounded up my top floral dress picks under $50 that you can buy and wear now through those hot summer days!
This dress is a fusion between palm print and floral-two of my favorite summer prints. Anything off the shoulder is a YES right now-I love showing some shoulder after hibernating in sweaters for the past 6 months. To be honest, I haven’t always been a huge fan of midi dresses, but I’m definitely leaning more towards midi over maxi (bonus is someone petite like me can get away with NOT hemming midi dresses)! I added a braided belt to give some more definition to the waist. My new wedges are lightweight and comfortable (comes in 5 colors). Add some sunnies, floral-inspired earrings (my go-to pair!), and a straw bag to complete this summer look.
Other floral dress options from our favorite retailers:
- It took me forever to find my engagement photos dress! I will also be wearing it to a wedding or two this summer! There’s a dupe of my dress available (same designer) that’s just over $50!
- I bought this maxi last year and it’s back in spring colors and prints! I’m particularly loving the yellow!
- This lilac dress is a little over $50, but it’s too pretty to pass up! The romantic cut and color will take you right through spring!
- Maxi romper? Sign me up! This blue floral off the shoulder one is too cute!
Related: Little White Dress Roundup
Red Dress Boutique: I have been LOVING everything from Red Dress Boutique! I wore their earrings in this post, and I have placed an order (or two) for some summer dresses! I particularly can’t wait to wear this adorable embroidered mini!
- This floral print dress comes in 7 different prints for under $40! It’s one of those styles you can wear to any occassion from casual with some Tory Burch Millers or dress up with my go-to strappy heels in a fun summer color!
- This long sleeve mini dress comes in 10 patterns (inlcuding some fun animal print)! Perfect to wear in early summer when nights are still chilly-AKA right now!
- I know I said I’m loving midi vs. maxi but some of these maxis are too cute! You all know I’m a blue girl, so no surprises this off the shoulder maxi is a favorite, and so is this OTS romper!
- This pink tropical floral dress is a little more dressy-would be great for a casual summer wedding! Add a pair of Lisi Lerch’s new brushed gold earrings-loving the new Gogo style or the Ginger brushed gold!
More Floral Dresses AND more sales from retailers we love:
American Eagle: 25-60% off
Asos: 30% off occassionwear
Banana Republic: 40% off and 3-5 day shipping on $100+ with code BRSHIP
Express: Everything up to 50% off, dresses 30% off
J.Crew: 40% off entire purchase with code GETAWAY
J.Crew Factory: 50% off everything with code WINWIN
Loft: 40% off through Memorial Day weekend w/code LONGWKND
Nordstrom Rack: NOT floral, but there is the best, most basic throw-on-and-go maxi in a TON of colors for under $30!
Old Navy: 20% off all orders (no code necessary), 30% off dresses
Target: no dress sale announced as of yet, but these options are so affordable, even at full price!
Lisi Lerch: not dresses, but amazing dress accessories!! My absolute favorite jewelry brand is 30% off + $5 shipping through 5/28!
Madewell: 20% off dresses with code PRETTYPLEASE
I’ll be updating the sales throughout the weekend and as they go live!
What are you shopping for this weekend?